Speakers include a who’s who of film, TV, tech, and trade on November 1 in Silicon Beach
LOS ANGELES, CA / DUBLIN, IRELAND – IrelandWeek is proud to announce the return of IRELANDCON Thursday, November 1 in Los Angeles, California. With a key focus on celebrating innovation in tech, trade, entertainment and cultural ties between Ireland and Los Angeles, this year’s flagship conference is moving right into the heart of Silicon Beach to LMU’s new Playa Vista campus. A portion of the all-day conference features film, TV and animation industries, those establishing themselves in Los Angeles, and those that offer the great opportunity and tax incentives to make productions in Ireland. Limited Early Bird tickets are available here.
Through a myriad of events covering live music, theatre, visual art, film, TV, sports, tech, trade and animation, IrelandWeek’s focus is to bring Ireland to the world, and the world back to Ireland.
Speakers for this year’s IRELANDCON include:
- John Corser – Vice President of Production, NBC Universal Cable Productions
- Stephen Cheung – President, World Trade Center
- Robbin D. Crabtree, Ph.D. – Dean of the Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts at LMU
- Marianne Grant – Senior Vice President, Motion Picture Association Of America
- Nina Hachigian – Deputy Mayor of International Trade, City of Los Angeles
- Kieran Hannon – CMO, Belkin
- Skarpi Hedinsson – CTO, LA Stadium & Entertainment District
- John Houlihan – Senior Vice President of Music, 20th Century Fox
- Conor Houston – Strategic Business and Government Advisor
- Mick Kiely – CEO and Founder, Xhail Technologies
- Mary McKenna – Tech entrepreneur, Learning Pool Co-founder
- Michelle Loughran – IDA Ireland, VP Biz Dev Emerging Technologies/High Growth Companies
- Dr. Brian Moore – CEO and Co-founder, Orreco
- Brian O’Leary – Senior Vice President, Tax Counsel, NBC Universal Cable Productions
- Dean Peggy Rajsky – LMU School of Film and TV
- Nora Ryan -Chief of Staff, Epix
- Kirsten Sheridan – Writer, Director, Producer
- Jacinta Tobin – CMO, Hustle
- More speakers to be announced soon
Sample topics at this year’s IRELANDCON include:
- The New World Order: Doing international business in a rapidly changing environment and exploring GDPR/Privacy, Brexit, and international trade
- Location Ireland: The growth of TV and film production and the effect on tourism and the Irish economy
- Doing Business the SoCal Way: Tips from the local experts
- Think Big: Startups, funding
- The Innovation Journey from Ireland to LA: Success stories & challenges facing Irish companies and executives navigating the US market
- Women Paving The Way In Entertainment: Meet some of the women who are shaping the industry
For more information on IRELANDCON, please visit https://www.irelandweek.com/events/.
Immediately following the conference there will be an opportunity to connect with other makers and shapers at a networking reception hosted by LA Stadium & Entertainment District at the Belkin building next door to the conference. All conference attendees are welcome to join.
Sponsors of IrelandWeek are Screen Ireland, Ireland’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Culture Ireland, Loyola Marymount University, Aer Lingus, Enterprise Ireland, IDA Ireland, The Ireland Funds, Bank of Ireland Global Payments, Motion Picture Association, Tourism Ireland and Kennedy Wilson. The official media partner of Ireland Week is Irish Times Abroad. IrelandWeek’s partners include The Irish Times Abroad, Irish Screen America Film Festival, Music From Ireland, Conradh na Gaeilge Guaire, Irish Outreach San Diego, Irish Fair, Irish Arts & Entertainment, the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce, Los Angeles Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell, Horizon, Newport Beach Film Festival, World Trade Center Los Angeles, Wild Geese Gaelic Football club and many more.
Follow them on social media: